Tuesday 3 January 2017

Still Hailing The Chief!


Despite coming in at number three on my "Top Five" list of premiums, the tier V Chieftain Mk. VI Leader is my most....if I could use the word "beloved" vehicle in Armored Warfare.


Compared to the same tiered Mk. V Chieftain, the Mk. VI gains and gives a little to be just that slightly bit different. However, being a premium vehicle, the Mk. VI will only marginally improve based on crew skills and retrofits, since no components are up-gradable. Some in the community either don't like that and/or voicing other changes.

For me, the Mk. VI has been a very competent performer and generating higher than expected returns from battles. The main cannon puts out a decent level of damage, when the shot hits a favorable area on the enemy vehicle and the armor can take a lot of punishment, despite what the numbers have told me. Aesthetically, I rather like the camouflage paint scheme and net, adds a very distinctive touch to this venerable vehicle.


So, what makes this so special to me? Well, I am the type of person who highly values and appreciates a gift/reward over and above a purchase. Almost a year ago, news of the Mk. VI Leader was announced and many in the community scrambled to watch streams, check out videos, read through blogs and jump through a ton of hoops to try and get their hands on one of these vehicles, including myself. However, there was a great deal of controversy surrounding the distribution of the Mk. VI to some players, a feeling that expressed a lot on the forums from many.

I talk about this, from back then, there and here as examples, and just when I was about to throw in the towel, I finally got mine.

Now, almost a full year later, I take The Chief out and show that it can still take the fight to the mid-tiers....


No comments:

Post a Comment