Tuesday 24 January 2017

ERC? Yeah, you know me!


After playing Main Battle Tanks for so long in Armored Warfare (and a few other games), I still find the handling characteristics of wheeled vehicles (like Tank Destroyers) to be a little quirky and the tier V Panhard ERC-90 F4 is no exception.

While the AMX-10 RCR premium tier VIII wheeled Tank Destroyer has something known as skidsteering (meaning, by locking the wheels, it can perform no-momentum, zero-radius turns, much like a tracked vehicle), I forget all of the others in this class require a forward/backward movement to make a turns, especially for evasive maneuvers.

Plus, I am also used to playing these types of vehicles in racing games (since they do drive like cars and everyday trucks) with a controller. Keyboard and mouse driving hasn't worked out too well, thus far, but trying to aim with a controller has been equally frustrating (both on PC and console games, I just can't get a good handle on it). IS it muscle memory, an unbreakable habit or a subconscious stubbornness that just comes with old age? Meh, who knows....

Another thing I forget at times is just how thin the armor is, if one could even consider they really have any. There have been occasions where I remember this, much too late to make any difference with continued participation with the engagement I was currently in at the time.

At any rate, here is a rare battle where I was able to not only stay alive, but collected on a payout in the end that just doesn't make sense to me....


No comments:

Post a Comment