Sunday 29 January 2017

No fight for the rooster, part 3



In World of Tanks, the only Chinese vehicle I have is the premium, tier VI Type 64 Light Tank. I never bothered to start playing this nation, since all of the early vehicles are nothing more then borrowed and re-rendered versions of existing models.

In other words, stuff I have already played before and not really interested in doing again.

China doesn't get a vehicle they can call their own until tier VI, with the 59-16 Light Tank, a prototype for the WZ-131 at tier VII (the premium and seldom available Type 62 can owe it's roots to the 59-16 as well). Even to use the shortcut and acquire the premium vehicles that are offered, can get very expensive....


....the "did it ever really exist?" tier VIII T-34-3 comes in around $65.00 dollars in my part of the world (before any kind of sale or other special promotional offer).

However, I did get rather lucky and was able to purchase the Type 64 at a discounted price during the  Christmas 2015 sale. Although I don't have very many battles in mine and never have invested real world money to speed up crew training, I am not doing very well in mine.

The Type 64 is big and slow. With very little armor to speak of, it's not a kind vehicle that forgives many mistakes. I do realized with a better crew, some of this can be mitigated in my favor, but I just can't quite grasp a successful playstyle with it, despite my attempts.

Nevertheless, here is the third and final battle to commemorate the Year of the Rooster, which started with Armored Warfare, then Final Fire and now, World of Tanks....


No comments:

Post a Comment