Friday 13 January 2017

From fast and precise to slow and inaccurate


I can't say why I have decided to return to World of Tanks, but I have, for now. I am also not exactly sure how long I plan on staying, nor have any real goals in mind, more of a "sightseeing tour" to check out the changes from when I played here last, on a more steady basis.

Through my critical eye, some things have stayed the same. Horrendous reload times (on given vehicles), a high degree of inaccurate aiming and vehicles that move slightly faster then glaciers (once again, not all assets are like this). Based on really taking notice of the mechanics, I find it hard to believe I played this for so long, the first time around.

However, not to only say bad things about WOT, the graphics look fantastic (even for the SD client) and I was having some fun. Over the course of my session (I didn't keep track of the battles, win or loses) I was starting to settle back into the saddle, remembering some of the old sweet spots on the maps and which enemy vehicles to keep a careful eye out for.


Since the Christmas Season is still running in WOT, I made a half hearted effort to collect some of the rewards, since I am still unsure for how long I am going to stick around for.

Having said all of that, I will come to one of the better battles I was a part of today. Last time I spent any serious time WOT, I had started to focus more on casemate Tank Destroyers (the new Swedish line of these vehicles is intriguing and I have won a few unlocks along that series).

My last video featured the British premium tier VII AT-15a meeting a fiery demise, this one will showcase a mediocre performance by a statistically average player in a same tiered Soviet premium SU-122-44....


No comments:

Post a Comment