Thursday 1 June 2017

Uh Oh 2.0?


Update 2.0 has been received with rather mixed feelings in the Armored Warfare community.

To start things off, the garage changes. Pictured up top is the way it looks now....


....and by comparison, how it looked just a short while ago.

My personal opinion is that I miss the old layout already, but that feeling comes from seeing it, mostly unchanged, from when I first started playing, almost two years ago now. From my perspective, it appears to be a customized version of....


....World of Tanks Blitz.

Depending if they change it again or back (I doubt that, history has shown that Eastern Europe/Russian developers see any kind of programming "rollback" as a failure, not a correction), it will take time to get used to how the new user interface works and where everything is.

Here is the official announcement for this new look.


The size of the update was....acceptable and didn't take the full amount of download time as advertised, but the installation made up for that. After the sitting and watching for 30 minutes, I wondered off to do something else


Next up is the highly anticipated arrival of the Storyline Campaign. The buildup for this event was definitely well teased and now that it's here, many are not too happy with the restrictions and initial rewards. To add insult to injury for some, there is an option to "buy your way into" if a player doesn't have the assets to qualify through normal, progressive gameplay, check out that bombshell here.


Despite the visual and interactive changes, the one thing I was most curious to see was how the game would play now. I dusted off my M1 Abrams (acquired back when I gambled on getting a free, premium XM1) and took off for a battle that would qualify me for the Storyline Campaign....

No comments:

Post a Comment