Sunday 11 June 2017

Hang Back Bradley


Now that I have completed ten victories in the tier VI M1 Abrams (making some pretty good progress too), it's time to move up to the tier VIII M2A3 Bradley and carry on with the same amount of action and results. Although I don't have the qualifying tier VII Leopard 2, I will make do with these two vehicles for this first round of the Storyline Campaign and collect whatever rewards come my way.

I freely admit (on numerous occasions now) that I am an armor-dependent player, meaning I use the thick skin of certain vehicles for aggressive moves, or help save me when I make a terrible error in judgement. Although this has served me rather well, it's good to step out of that comfort zone and experiment with different options.

Infantry Fighting Vehicles, the Bradley in particular, were not specifically designed for head on, vehicle to vehicle combat, as their designation clearly states. Although they can be used in a fire support role against enemy machines, their primary function is to offer transport and engagement protection for ground troops.

Since Armored Warfare doesn't have the simulated human element ingame, it's nothing but vehicle on vehicle action. While Main Battle Tanks are still at the top of the food chain, despite numerous updates to bring down their dominance on the battlefield, other vehicle classes have seen their effectiveness marginally increased, allowing them to make slightly more meaningful contributions.

However, the brawny playstyle of MBT's doesn't transfer well to IFV's, where brains have to make cautious use of thin armor and lackluster weaponry....

No comments:

Post a Comment