Saturday 17 June 2017

Are you kidding me?


Something I have read about happening to others on the Armored Warfare forums has finally happened to me. A one hour ban for....just read the reason above.

The story from my perspective, I was using my tier VIII M2A3 Bradley in another attempt to win a battle for the Storyline Campaign event. The map was Red Opossum on PvE Hard and I knew something was going to go wrong from the get go.

First, NVIDIA ShadowPlay failed to load, so I couldn't capture the battle as it was taking place in real time. No big deal, if the battle was that good (or if circumstances like this should happen) I can always restart my laptop and create a video from it. Secondly, one of my allies developed this habit of rolling right out in front of me, just as I was zoomed all the way in to deliver the most carefully aimed damage I could with the reticle bloom expanding and contracting after every shot.

I am quite sure they took a few of my shots at the first objective, since this is where they drove out from my right, going left in front of me. I was frustrated to say the least, but the battle continued. Then we moved on to the second objective and it's hard to gauge where my shells were going from my position. However, it was when the third objective had been reached and I just get into a decent position....


One of two things, either the player I shot at took too much damage and the automatic system kicked in, or the player reported my them-self, for ruining their good time.

Sadly, the replay option won't load during this "banned" period, I have tried a few workarounds to no avail. So, I will update this entry when the ban is lifted and created a video from my short time in that battle, just to see and share from a fresh perspective what happened.

***UPDATE***


While waiting for the ban to expire, I received an email notification about the incident. Perhaps my old eyes are reading it wrong, but I was quick to pick up on the accusation of being a "repeat offender," despite this being the very first time anything like this has happened. I have no doubt others have collected the very same notice, no matter how many times they "break the rules."


With the ban lifted, the very first thing I did was create this video from the replay. Although I can't remember how to zoom in, much like I do when playing the game live, it should be pretty obvious from the angles I have selected what actually happened.

At any rate, my participation in this phase of the Storyline Campaign has come to a close, partly from the aiming mechanics of an auto-cannon, especially the on mounted on the Bradley and it's current crew level. Although I could take the low road and try to put all the blame on the player who took damage from me, I am the one who is ultimately responsible for not having a better awareness of my surroundings and pulled the trigger.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why they keep friendly fire enabled, it only adds frustration and has no benefits for the gameplay experience.

    ReplyDelete