Tuesday 9 May 2017

Value versus Hype


One of the rewards for the current Armored Warfare Man O'War Showdown event is a tier VIII premium T-72B3 "Green" MBT. Of course, like previous contests, there is continuing controversy over some posted scores from top tiered players on all three faction teams and things are just getting started.

To add to some of the resentment going on, another event closed with a winner claiming this elusive prize, you can read the comments here.

A lot of fuss over something that isn't real. Besides, folks had an opportunity to purchase this vehicle in both a "Red" and/or "Blue" version up to just a short while ago.

Now, I can understand the mood from some people. As of right now, tier VIII premium options are rather limited. Ingame, there is the AMX 10 RCR (some don't like wheeled Tank Destroyers) and the M1134 ATGM (a tracked multi-missile launcher). The only other premium Main Battle Tank that comes close to fitting the bill is the Challenger 1 Falcon, available in a Collector's Edition on the portal.


Perhaps, my value gamble paid off. This past Christmas I purchased the then tier VI Terminator Reaper, with the knowledge that it would be bumped up to tier VIII for Update 0.19 (despite the reassurances this was going to happen, I still harbored serious doubts they were actually going to follow through on the change).

Although I had previously bought the AMX 10 RCR, the Terminator Reaper has weathered the changes much better in this new era. With the hull and chassis mirroring T-72 qualities and the flexibility of multiple weapons choices, this vehicle is still paying out above acceptable dividends.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to put a T-72B3 or another premium tier VIII MBT in my garage, I am just not nearly as hyped over to spend a pile of real world money or chain myself to the computer for hours on end to do so. I will continue to enter contests, here and there and if I get one, great! If not, oh well and move on.

Until then, I will continue to collect the battle rewards with, what I consider to be, my best high tiered asset I have....

No comments:

Post a Comment