Wednesday 3 May 2017

Hard Shell Dragon


When it comes to vehicles with serious levels of armor protection in Armored Warfare, the tier VII Challenger 1 (including the Wolf Edition premium) has been my benchmark. Although I have read the same tiered Merkava IID is quite good too, I don't have first hand experience with it.

So, are there any other vehicles that offer a similar level of....confidence, ingame? My answer would be yes, there is.

Before Update 0.19 came along, I was looking for a stablemate from my Chieftain Mk. VI, something to compliment those mid-tier battles. On paper, the Chinese premium WZ-1224 appeared to suit my requirements and after a few introductory sorties, I was relived I made the right choice.

After Update 0.19, everything changed. In PvE, enemy controlled vehicles not only had the option to use missiles, now more devastating than before, but seem to almost use them exclusively. Since they pack more of a punch then normal shells, I thought I would take another look at the WZ-1124, given it's new parameters.

The WZ-1224 underwent a few changes, like armor and damage adjustments, adjustments that needed to be made for it's new position as a tier VI MBT. Once again, on paper it looks better than it was before, but how does it hold up under these new battle conditions....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment