Tuesday 2 May 2017

Transformation Décevante


With all of the changes that Update 0.19 brought to Armored Warfare, I finally stumbled across my first serious disappointment.

I have already experienced the difference in playstyle between using Main Battle Tanks and Tank Destroyers in previous versions, I queued up a "steal of a deal" premium purchase from last year, my excitedly acquired tier VIII AMX-10RCR.

This vehicle was an instant hit for me, dealing out explosive damage and sporting exceptional stealth capabilities. Here was an article I wrote about both the real life and ingame version, pre-update.

Needless to say, I grew rather fond of the AMX, it's former characteristics and performance results.

Now, after the first battle post-patch, that fondness is being seriously tested.

I noticed right of the bat, the cannon wasn't hitting nearly as hard as before. Punching through enemy armor wasn't so much of a sure thing and the damage inflicted was now on the lower end of a scale I was used to seeing. Although I never put too much faith in the AMX's armor, it was able to deflect the odd shot before, now it's even more unreliable.

The stealthy attributes it used to have feel like they have been watered down too. Enemy vehicles didn't appear to have too much difficulty in locating and taking shots at me. Another occurrence that surprised me was taking tire damage. Not only did it feel like forever to get a flat fixed, but I was severely hampered by ridiculously slow speeds, with no compensation from the other five tires that were still holding air.

Anyhow, to put these words into a more visual context, check out the first battle here....

No comments:

Post a Comment