Sunday 14 May 2017

Quarrel in the Quarry


Raiding Party is fast becoming one of my favorite new maps in Armored Warfare. Despite some complaints on the forums of PvE mode being too easy, this recently introduced scenario should go a long ways of increasing the playing difficulty level, I hope.

For the longest time, a single person could almost complete all of the secondary objectives on a prior released map and just sit back and relax, collecting damage on enemy bots and rake in the rewards. That's what made "too easy," I suppose. Not so much with Raiding Party where teamwork is key, from everyone involved, for success.

First, the primary and secondary objectives are spread out all over the map and are fairly well protected, requiring a suggested minimum of two player teams to fight their way through to get to the main targets. A solo player would be hard pressed to survive the armed encounters, let alone carry on to the objective itself and the rest of the match.

Second, splitting the tasks at the primary objectives seems to work out very well. While one player is engaged with the enemy bots, the other can take down the mine shaft openings, then join in after to mop up any remaining opposing forces.

I have played on Raiding Party a few times since Update 0.19, but always thought the challenges the map offered could go even higher (despite losing a few times on Medium). I finally got my "wish" when I selected my tier X Leopard 2AX and queued up in PvE Hard....

No comments:

Post a Comment