Tuesday 20 December 2016

Something doesn't make cents


The whole idea to purchase a premium vehicle (aircraft, armored land vehicle and/or warship) with real world money, is for the special abilities that come with it. Using World of Tanks and War Thunder as examples, both of their premium offerings provide an accelerated training regime for the crews and extra ingame income from battles.

Armored Warfare should be any different in this regard. But, something up the numbers aren't adding up to me. Curious to see if my investment in the tier VIII premium AMX-10 RCR was going to give back the big payouts I was hoping for, I ran three tests using different vehicles, just to see what the results were.

Now, it is nearly impossible to recreate the same scenario all thee times (same map, same teams, same effort, same results, etc) so, this should be considered more of a causal experiment to statisfy my own curiosity.

Still, the results were....disappointing.




Although I player rather conservatively on this medium mode PvE engagement, I still had to use a Rebuild Kit just to stay in the fight and the bottom line reflects this.




My rolling British bunker, the tier VII Challenger 1 WOLF was my go-to vehicle for making the big credits. I had hopes the AMX would be able to complement the earning potential, if not exceed this "never regretted", but the bottom line figures are amazingly close. And, this battle was fought on Hard PvE?




This vehicle seems to either having a shrinking fan base, or I am reading the forums at the wrong times. The MBT-70 MERC was the very first premium vehicle I purchased in Armored Warfare and now that I think I have it figured out, it is a blast to play. It would also appear the 70 likes to be played, notice the payout from this medium PvE encounter?

Honestly, I can't explain what is going on. Part of the figures are based on my performance, but there is something else that somebody needs to explain to me about the whole equation here, I just can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment