Saturday 17 December 2016

A short Seasonal spending spree, part 1


Last year, I spent a lot of real world dollars across three different tank titles and while I only bought what I thought I needed, it still got rather expensive, despite being micro-transactions. With having Armored Warfare as the only tank game being played by me right now, that makes buying during these Seasonal Sales a little easier on the pocketbook.

However, that didn't mean I was going to give myself a blank cheque, I limited myself to a very tight budget, after doing a lot of research into what I was planning to buy. First, I picked up the 5500 Gold package, as pictured above and purchased a vehicle I have been considering for quite some time....


Although I could have got the non-MERC version for 500 Gold, because of the 50% off sale through the game client, I figured I would take my chances and spend a little more to enter my name into the Holiday Lottery that ends on January the 2nd. If I am one of the 25 drawn names, cool, more premium vehicles than I will know what to do with. If not, I still get a vehicle I have been wanting and waited for a sale much like this to do so.


Anybody who has been following these postings or seen my videos has probably figured out I am mostly a Main Battle Tank player. I have a playstyle that is both aggressive and sometimes a bit careless, reliant on the thick armor this class of vehicles has to offer to save me from myself most times. However, I have been wanting to change things up for some time and figured with the big overhaul coming in update 1.9, why not get ready for that now.


Way back when, when it was more readily available, I purchased a premium tier III French Tank Destroyer called the FCM 36 Pak 40 in World of Tanks. It was glacially slow and lacked any armor to speak of, but it was a lot of fun and very deadly to play with. I was starting to enjoy the TD playstyle and French Tanks in general. Although I have very little desire to play WOT these days, I want to see if I could recapture that same kind of fun from a lower tiered French TD in Armored Warfare.


Now, I knew there were going to be major differences between these vehicles, aside from coming from two completely different games and eras. First, the modern PAC-90 has a turret, is faster all around and has the ability to relocate to be more effective in a combat environment or just getaway from danger. The antique Pak 40 shared none of those qualities, pretty much relying on it's camouflage and surroundings to stay hidden from enemies, praying not to be shot up too bad.

Time to ready up for the first battle in the Pac 90.   


First, I put in an appropriate commander....


....gave her a familiar crew....


....adjusted the loadout for the ammunition....


....and installed the retrofits I believed I would benefit the most from. Here is how that first battle turned out....


No comments:

Post a Comment