Monday 19 December 2016

A short Seasonal spending spree, part 2


Armored Warfare introduced the premium, AMX 10 RCR tier VIII French Tank Destroyer during the Bastille Day Special on the 14th of July, 2016. By mere coincidence, I took my extended break from the game just three days before, so I missed out spending a huge pile of real world money buying one then (13,450 Gold and even with 30 days of Premium Time and 4,000,000 Credits, yikes!).


With Update 0.17 in September, the standard version AMX 10 RCR was added to the game, available for 9,000 Gold from the ingame dealer Zhang Feng. I noticed this when I logged into the game around late October, during my attempt to collect the IS-7 that was been offered. This French vehicle piqued my interest, since I had something very similar to it before....


There must have been a sale back in February of 2013 that prompted me to buy the premium, tier VIII FCM 50t in World of Tanks. At the regular price of 11,900 Gold, there is no way I would have dropped that kind of real world money, no matter how rave the reviews were at the time.

Nevertheless, I got one and learned the hard way that I was an armored dependent player. Slowly, I learned how to use mobility, cover and careful aiming to stay alive longer and deal as much damage as I could. I was never consistent, but I never gave up trying.


Not a great battle by the standards of some, for me, it was one of those major milestones to be proud of. The FCM 50t taught me more of the mobility game in WOT over and above any other tank I played there and helped me to realize the game beyond thick armor and absorbing damage.


With a little foreknowledge of the half off sale in mid to late December, I started my research into the value of such a purchase. First, I looked through the forums for the reviews written about the AMX, both the good and the bad. Next, YouTube and two videos caught my eye, on from Rei-Lin Armored Warfare Premium Tank Review: AMX 10RCR! and from Macfadyan Armored Warfare Review - AMX 10 RCR.

Now, if either one of those two video links were clicked on, a viewer may have noticed both featured the Bastille Day version. Honestly, it is nothing more than a fancy paint scheme, that version and the one available through the game client are the same vehicle statistically.  


Question is, did I pull the trigger and get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment