Sunday 25 December 2016

A little Final Fire for Christmas


Final Fire is a combat game from China that makes use of armored fighting vehicle from around the world. I can't read Chinese myself and not sure if I would be able to navigate through the menus to find out more information to share here, so I will just post the link to the game itself here, for you to follow up on if you are interested http://ff.zqgame.com/


I wrote that February 2016.


Now, during this Christmas Season, I finally have a chance to try this game out. Nothing has changed in the "I don't understand Chinese" department, I am relying more on my own experience acquired from navigating through similar game menus from other titles of the same genre.

I click on the still active link from my previous article, download the game and register an email and easy to remember password. After a rather quick install and update, I launch then game. Thanks to Google Translate, I discover I have to put a username into the login, which accepted an English word, input my password and I was off and running.


Since it's a Chinese game, I figured I would go with the Chinese line. My starter tank is a Type-59E and I really can't tell you more about it, since I am not able to read what is displayed. What I have figured out is the vehicles are balanced using a similar ranking system that War Thunder uses, no tiers here.


Here is a comparison (if there is one that could be made) to the Armored Warfare model and attributes.


If I had to guess, this was the queue for a PvP battle, not very populated when I clicked in (I didn't stick around for long to see if the numbers went up). However, I thought I would see if I could find a tutorial of sorts, just to see how the game actually played, before considering jumping into a player populated environment.

Luckily enough, I found one....


So, why am I trying out Final Fire? Well, much like War Thunder was to World of Tanks (and Warplanes for that matter) I am looking for a secondary/alternative to Armored Warfare, when it comes to a free-to-play, modern vehicular combat game.

As I explore and play more of Final Fire, I will come to the conclusion if it's going to be a hit or miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment