Sunday 31 January 2016

Bring a friend to the fight


Up until just recently, the only other person I have platooned with in Armored Warfare was my son. We would spend hours in the lower tiers, racking up adventures and a few laughs. Sometimes, he would put himself into grind mode and off we went, helping him to collect his tier IV OF-40 and setting sights on future goals.

However, something new to bring to the game. I have this friend I met while playing World of Warplanes over these past few years. He has been a part of the AW scene longer than I have, but keeps a much lower profile that I do. Like many times before, across other titles and genres, I have accept friend requests from people, sometimes playing with them, other times, just a name on a list that I never hear from again.




So, the other day, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an invite to play with F50ACE. Same guy from Planes, just under a different name in AW.  Above are the results from the first of a long series of battles that we had in our tier V Chieftain Mk V's. Both of us share a mutual goal; collect a tier VI Challenger 1. While I have exercised a more leisurely pace to get mine, I believe he would like to get there a little sooner than later.


For the most part, we just figured out where the other was going and chatted things up between ourselves. Voicing concerns about cover fire or advancing to the next objective didn't even come up, often. Simply looking at the mini-map was just about all the battlefield communication we needed. Between battles, we would discuss our results and pass on observations the other might have missed. Both of us would rate our team's performance and queue up for the next encounter.


I couldn't say for certain how long we played, but the battles came fast and furious. Never deviating from the path of the Challenger, I advanced up a whole 7% in progress after it was all said and done. Considering there isn't a tier VI along the way, this progress was a hug step towards the next tank at tier VII.

Thanks F50ACE, looking forward to the next round of platooned battles!

No comments:

Post a Comment