Saturday 30 January 2016

The invincible fall and a look at the small


Despite posting mostly successful and stayed alive adventures, there are times that I die and/or my team suffers a defeat. Here is one of those moments.


So, I queued up for what I though would be another walk in the park PvE mission. I selected my tier V Chieftain Mk V, picked a Medium Contract and was given Operation: Sapphire. I admit, I haven't played much on this map, but I am rolling in my Chieftain, how bad/hard could it be?

Well, it was a disaster on my part. I was out flanked by the artificial opponents, lost focus on where I was and what I was doing, spreading attention on multiple foes and not taking cover from the artillery that was intent on taking me out. So, in the end, I became the only casualty for my team.


Now, without any further investment left in this battle, I could have just clicked back to my garage, but the odd instance of watching a Stingray in action prompted to see just how this would end. I have given the passing thought to trying out Light Tanks, so ghosting this one, during the remainder of the current battle, might offer up some insight to playstyle and tactics.


Having played most of my promotional/gift premiums and regular tech tree Light Tanks in World of Tanks, I am familiar with how they are there. The majority are fast, decently gunned, but thin armored. In fact, one of my last purchases over there was the tier VI Chinese (clearly from Taiwan) Type 64 Light Tank. I was having fun with this premium acquisition, before spending more time in Armored Warfare.


However, I do realize what works in one game may not apply to another. So, I just sat there and watched the Stingray, what it did and how the player reacted to everything going on. I was rather impressed with their performance, staying in the fight and contributing while conserving their remaining hitpoints.




The battle results speak for them-self, I was at the bottom of the list, my shadowed point of interest came out on top.


Perhaps, it's time to consider looking more closely at Light Tanks, since I have an unused one from when I first started the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment