Friday 29 January 2016

Strange sense of deja vu


Although I have been mostly talking about the tier V T-72 Ural from Armored Warfare most recently, that isn't the only tank I am progressing through in the game. Also sitting at tier V is the Chieftain Mk V, a tank that is very compatible with my playstyle. Slow, but well armored and with a gun that hits where it counts, for me, the Chieftain is almost the perfect tank.


A recent battle I had confirmed to me just how well the Chieftain and I are getting along, but also created this feeling that I have been a part of this action before. I have tried to apply lessons learned from playing both World of Tanks and War Thunder Ground Forces, using cover when available, not to risk unnecessary exposure, but most importantly, when is a good time to take a hit before dealing out damage in return.


It was near the end of the battle I realized something had gone horribly wrong. My team had been wiped out, leaving only myself and a fellow Chieftain driver left alive. Without any communications, each of us covered our own sectors of the map and secured the win, sharing the battle load equally.




Okay, not nearly as equal as I was first lead to believe, but, still.... However, that feeling of deja vu didn't come from the results of the battle, it was from how it all played out. Taking some serious hits from foes, slowly advancing or short retreats for cover, the slowly turning turret, all of this was experienced with a heightened sense of  awareness....


....like I was reliving something again, from somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment