Saturday 30 January 2016

Want to earn a free premium tier VIII British tank?


For those of you who play World of Tanks on the North America server, here's some news for you http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/missions-earn-fv4202p/ 

In a nutshell, there are three was to collect the new tier VIII FV 4202 (P) British Medium premium tank;

If you owned the old tier X FV 4202 and fought at least one battle with it, before it was replaced by the Centurion Action X, you can get the new premium tank.

Never completed the first part? No problem, they have a special mission and an On Track to help you save a couple of bucks, but you got fifteen days to do it in.

Lastly, didn't do the first part and no time for the second chance? The FV 4202 (P) will be release to the giftshop and then through the ingame store.

If you happen to live in the European Union sphere of influence, here is your chance to earn one too http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/mission-marathon-fv4202p/


Speaking of the first two parts of the process, I will not be collecting mine. Despite knowing for a very long time something like this could happen, I didn't put in any serious effort to acquire a FV 4202 nor the replacement, Centurion Action X. First, I already pulled a few panic grinds in my early tanking days, parking a then tier IX T34 American Heavy, which turned into the premium tier VIII in my garage.

Secondly, WarGaming see-sawed back and forth with what they were really going to do about this tank. Would they just sell it? Would there be a mission for it? Nobody really knew and finding any solid leaks on what the final plans were going to be, yeah, not so easy to find.

So, the first two options are off the table for me, since I have no desire to sit through another butt numbing race the clock event, especially from where I would have to start from.

As for the third option, perhaps, but not right away. If I did choose to purchase one, I would wait for a sale, even if it was months down the road, to fork out my real world money for it. Not that it wouldn't be worth it, I want just want it to be decent deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment