Thursday 20 April 2017

Tanks Reloaded


Update 0.19 for Armored Warfare has arrived and being labeled as "Tanks Reloaded." Well, I am about to take a series of looks at the changes and will leave a few thoughts and videos along the way.


First off, the update wasn't nearly as big as I was expecting (I bet a full, clean install might be a whole lot bigger and take longer download). Surprisingly, getting the new files took less time then what was estimated, but the process to apply them was a little on the slow side.




To start my journey into this new era, I decided to go back to a "tried and true" performer, the tier VII premium Challenger 1 Wolf. Here is what it was....


....and now.

Don't let those increased numbers in the armor value fool you, the enemy vehicles in PvE mode hit much harder and with a greater variety of weapon choices. One thing that I did notice right away is how the vehicles look....different in the garage. Lighting or revised rendering, not sure which, yet.


One thing I kept a close eye on was the commander and crew skill reset. I was almost dreading what kind of changes to these would be inbound, but luckily enough, nothing that a few archived screenshots couldn't fix.


Same old standard choices here, so I made them.


Two shell options here and I never bothered to screenshot the previous choices from before. Since the HESH rounds have such poor penetration, I favored AP for my loadout. 


I am not too happy about the big changes to the selection of new retrofits. While some are ready to be installed from the start....


....others will require some serious game time in the future in newly introduced vehicles.

Now that is all said and done, I figure now is a good time to stop talking and posting pictures, watch and enjoy.


Okay, a few parting words and a picture. Seems the rumors are true, concerning players who managed to put the tier VI XM1 in their garage before the update. After all the changes, these same players will receive the downtiered M1 Abrams and the now premium XM1!


Very nice, perhaps I will roll it out next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment