Wednesday 5 April 2017

Actions speak louder than words


For months now, Update 0.19 for Armored Warfare has been advertised as coming Soontm. Nothing of real substance has been published on the front page or the forums, aside from the revamped storyline that chronicles the events in the game, possible future vehicle additions and further, but fading discussion of the promised changes announced under the Obsidian development reign.

Then, this appeared. At first glance, it looked like a rehash of a previous statement, but some of the wording seemed different. Old news in a new wrapper? No, it would appear that My.com/Mail.ru has finally figured out that putting their cards on the table, as the old saying goes, was the right, although belated, thing to do.

However, since so much time has past since any serious discussion on Update 0.19, I took the post as nothing more than an exercise in "sabre rattling," give the community the now accepted perception of never-ending-hope.

As much as I want to label this as a bombshell statement, I can't. Although many in the Armored Warfare community are finally relieved the long overdue update is finally coming, holding My.com/Mail.ru to the April 20th release date for both NA/EU servers. Few know it has been live on the RU servers since the beginning of the month. Some might defend that decision with "let the Russians find the bugs," but in my opinion, that is an overused and weak excuse. Westerners would love to be a part of the "testing" process too.

Nevertheless, I read both announcements. I am neither excited nor relieved. In fact, I think I feel numb. For me, the wait for this update was almost too long, so any positive and hopeful feelings I had departed with my patience a while back. I am now left with a "Yeah....Yup....Uh huh....Okay...." response.

Despite all of that, I will try to follow along with events and news as they unfold and if I happen to remember to look. Perhaps, April 20th will respark some serious interest from me to return to Armored Warfare.

Maybe and finally, there will be a little less talk and a lot more action.

No comments:

Post a Comment