Monday 7 October 2019

The Darkest Of Nights


Since the launch of American Dream Update in Armored Warfare, I have only bought one machine that fits the theme, the tier VIII Griffin 50mm Armored Fighting Vehicle. Today, went about changing that.

Having played up the Abrams line a very long time ago, I already had the tier VIII M1A2 version unlocked, just never bothered to park one in my garage, opting for the side choice, the tier VIII Leopard 2A4 Evolution.

One of the reasons I wasn't too quick to get my hands on the next Abrams was all the horror stories I had heard about this vehicle, such as the poor damage output and negligible armor. I have used other assets  that "earned" a similar reputation and never really experienced the same downfalls and shortcomings that were "advertised." Granted, there were a few frustrating machines, but I either pushed through them or learned to use their....failings to whatever advantage I could get out of them.

I think the vehicle I have that comes the closest to what others had described the M1A2 to be like is my premium tier VI MBT-70 MERC. A slow rolling off-the-line, glacial reloading, thin skinned frustration on tracks. I love it, despite not playing it much these days.

So, how bad could this new Abrams be?

I don't think I could fairly judge the machine itself on it's first outing, since the factors of "questionable" actions from it's operator (that would be me), the choice of map and one teammate spoiled any initial unbiased experience....

No comments:

Post a Comment