Thursday 17 October 2019

Anniversary Machines, IS-7


Well, it would seem that Armored Warfare will have a Year 4 Anniversary after all, just a little later than expected. Read those details here. As for me, I am looking forward to all the goodies....


....and trying out the tier VI Object 287 Premium Tank Destroyer (after I get it).

In the meantime, I will have a look at the Year 1 Anniversary machine, the legendary Soviet Heavy Tank, IS-7. I had scaled back my playing for a few months (only collecting the login bonuses and any ingame giveaways) and thus, was on a bit of a hiatus from this blog during those first year festivities. However, when I returned to a more "normal schedule," I wrote about the IS-7 from both Armored Warfare and World of Tanks perspectives.


In brief, when it was first introduced to Armored Warfare, the IS-7 was a nostalgic tier III premium main battle tank, nearly invincible against everything the AI opponents could throw at it. Having been bumped up to tier IV in the interim and facing more powerful foes in the PvE arena, the IS-7 wasn't nearly as tough as it was years ago.

Let's see if more recent updates have been kind to this old and familiar favorite....


No comments:

Post a Comment