Wednesday 1 February 2017

What would Omar say?


In preparation for one of the changes announced for Balance 2.0, I had been grinding out the progress on my tier V BMD-2 for the current tier VI M2 Bradley IFV. As written and planned, the Bradley, named for the famed American General Omar Bradley, is being removed from tier VI and a new tier VIII M3A2 Bradley is being introduced. What will happen to those that have the Bradley when the big switch comes? I will find out, first hand.


No sooner had I completed the last battle with the BMD-2, I turned around and acquired it's replacement. A commander swap (I think Rashid Al-Atassi works well for me in these vehicles), a retrofit install (the Mk II Experimental Propellant) and a quick splash of paint, I was good to go, I hoped.


Now, this isn't my first go-around in a Bradley, I played with it many years ago, in another title. The Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 updated all of the World War II technology up to a more modern standard ( released back in 2004, so let's put it in the era of the Iraq War). Although I used the Soviet/Russian T-72 MBT the most, I did have a few tracked adventures in this American IFV.

Let's see if the fun can be carried forward through the years....


No comments:

Post a Comment