Tuesday 14 February 2017

Rewards and Random Ramblings


Armored Warfare paid out the ingame rewards for this past Super Brawl event, I logged in today and collected mine. The Platinum Crates didn't really give up anything too spectacular in the way of prizes, but ever little bit helps. Then, I knocked out a battle in my Ariete, Leopard 2AV and premium Chieftain Mk. VI and called it good.

The fallout continues with Obsidian Entertainment parting ways with Armored Warfare. I have spent some time reading through the posted articles at various sites outside my.com/mail.ru's sphere of influence and I am left with a very incomplete picture of what truly happened. Although some speculative comments do lend an interpretive sense of truth, I would like to see/hear both sides of the story and find my own truth out of this mess. However, the longer my.com/mail.ru takes to deliver an announcement or statement, any effective damage control (if it's not already past that point) will lack serious credibility, in the eyes of those who have read and spread these "leak" links.

That is assuming an announcement or statement is even going to be presented.

In the meantime, I will stick to my new plan of playing enough battles to move up the reputation bar with the tier VIII Ariete and tier VI Leopard 2AV. If my positive mood holds, I might even queue in a premium vehicle for a sortie or two. Perhaps, enter the odd forum contest and possible ingame event, if I think the effort will be worth my time.

I am finding it rather hard to maintain a positive attitude and the desire to really play Armored Warfare in these uncertain times. However, it is the type of game I want to really play right now.


I am just done with World of Tanks and War Thunder Ground Forces, so returning to either one isn't a negotiable option for me. Although both of these titles have armored fighting vehicles, it's the era for which the action takes place (among a great many other things) and as I have stated elsewhere, I want more modern times, or even the near future.


Right now, the only other free-to-play game that fits that bill is Final Fire. Despite that fact there isn't an English language option, I have dabbled with it and have found this Chinese only game to be decent alternative for me. However, to get involved with any populated PvP battles (it doesn't offer a PvE mode), I have to stay up pretty late or get up very early in the morning to get a match.

At any rate, I will continue to slug it out with my Italian and German Heavy Iron in Armored Warfare, waiting on the next word on what is planned/going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment