Thursday 22 November 2018

While I Was Gone....


During my two week absence from Armored Warfare, a few things took place....and didn't.

Literately, as I was walking out the door, an announcement was made about the premium, British tier V Chieftain Mk.6 Leader being re-designated as the Chieftain Mk.10 Leader.


In fact, the Mk.10 Leader was immediately sold through both the Web Shop and MyLoot. However, due to some....technical difficulties, the vehicle was not delivered, as advertised to those who bought it, but they did receive a  Mk.6 Leader (or were compensated in Gold if they owned it already) instead. Seems the switch over to being called the Mk.10 Leader will happen at a later date.


November 11th, 2018 marked the 100 year anniversary of the creation of modern Poland.

As a tie in to the event, Armored Warfare created the Rosomak M1M Wataha, a tier VIII Premium Armored Fighting Vehicle.


As you can see in the above picture, the M1M Wataha is an improved version of the same tiered KTO Rosomak M1. Some players have labeled these as "re-skins," a cost saving practice (in development) that turns regular progression vehicles into premium variants.


I was intrigued with the idea of a wheeled fighting vehicle at tier VIII and was surprised that it was being offered with a Gold price. However, I wasn't alone with the thoughts it was priced too high (despite having a rather large Gold reserve myself) and considered other options.


I went with the real world cash option and since MyLoot offered a bit of a bonus in the way of LootCoins, the final choice was made.


Until such time that Armored Warfare includes the wheeled LAV III (or the updated LAV 6.0 variant) as high tiered progression/premium vehicle (and not as another tank destroyer please, since you guys changed my premium BMPT Terminator Reaper from a tier VI Armored Fighting Vehicle to a tier VIII Tank Destroyer), I hope the Rosomak M1M Wataha will fill that void.

Perhaps, I should see if it was really worth it....



Sometime in the not so distant future, the current Black Sea Incursion will come to an end and Arabian Nights (every time I read that, I get that same titled song from Disney's Aladdin stuck in my head) will start off with some very tempting rewards.

I missed out in taking part with the original Caribbean Crisis, since the population on the North America server was low, not enough players around for me to even attempt the missions. However, I have finished Black Sea Incursion a few times now (and plan on making my final two videos in that series), thanks to the single, merged server between the NA/EU regions and mighty Russia!


As for those tempting rewards? Well, a tier III Iraqi T-55 Enigma, a tier VI Scorpion Kastet, a tier VII M1A1 Storm (pictured above), the tier VIII BMPT Mod 2017 and the top prize of the Turkish tier X Altay MBT.


Last, but not least (nor in chronological order) there is an opportunity to earn a tier IX premium British Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank. It's called Battalion Contract Missions and the requirements are rather steep and time consuming. And, considering that the battalion I created some time ago only has myself and my son as members (and his interest in playing has waned recently), I am somewhat doubtful I could complete the list of tasks alone.

So, a purchase and quite a few opportunities to earn some premium vehicles for the garage. In fact, I think I will attempt to collect one I never mentioned here....

No comments:

Post a Comment