Monday 7 August 2017

Not My First Choices


With the vehicle restrictions for Armored Warfare's Storyline Campaign, Episode 2, I figured the tier VII M1A1 Abrams would have been the better fit for my playstyle.

Since I don't have the M1128 Stryker and previous use of the M2A3 Bradley had been a less than ideal experience I would rather avoid, frankly, the only thing left to use is the Abrams.

To be perfectly honest, I am nit found of this American mainstay vehicle. Despite it's real world operational success, time-money-research into development, production and subsequent variants, the Abrams doesn't excite me like it seems to do with others. Perhaps not being an American myself might be part of the reason why, I don't have any patriotic attachment to this machine.

Nevertheless, I played through the tier VI version it, as required for the last mission installment and I will continue on with the tier VII through this one. However, I am forgoing my usual upgrade-as-I-play-it practice, something very common among these types of games and make full use of the "fastlane" option. I truly dislike the fact I felt I had to do this, pouring in all that Global Reputation to bring the Abrams up to Renown Status, just to prematurely unlock everything along the way.

I have become very tired of shooting the main cannon and coming up short of it's full damage potential. The frustration from the lack of serious protection from the "never miss, missile spam" enemies in PvE Hard mode is almost enough to put the game on hold, until the mission itself comes and goes....

....so here's to hopping these upgrades help just to get through this ordeal.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up - you can do it! I was surprised you where still doing your blog, awesome. Added you as a link on my blog.

    /salute
    -armedbushido

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the add! I am kinda shocked that people are still reading it, since it is more of a journal of a journey and not very informative compared to others out there.

      Plus, I have been known to take long, unscheduled breaks, from time to time....

      Delete