Friday 27 May 2016

Miss me?


It's been 21 days since I last posted something here, so here are a couple of things to set the scene during that absence. First, my job in the real world has picked up with activity, requiring me to be away from the computer a lot more. Secondly, I was just feeling burnt out from playing Armored Warfare and switched to another genre of games for rest and relaxation.


I have been involved with online combat games for quite a number of years now, starting with Battlefield 1942 and a few mods that were designed for it, way back in the day.


Then of course, there is World of Tanks....


....WarThunder (both Tanks and Planes, including the most recent and short lived Ships component)....


 ....World of Warplanes....


....and World of Warships. This list also includes other games I haven't even talked about, like America's Army, a few of the ARMA titles, Medal of Honor and so on.

Frankly, I have gotten a bit tired of shooting at people and stuff. While some games have offered that quick jump-in-shoot-and/or-blow-something-up action, others, most of (if not all) what I have listed above, are long, drawn out, grindfests.


So, I updated my Armored Warfare client and took a look around. For the most part, everything is the same as I last remembered it, even then, some changes I didn't fully explore during the last major update. However, on the surface, it seems to be business as usual.

I did notice the inclusion of decals from the last event, Panzer Showdown, just this last April.


So, after nearly a month of not playing, just how rusty would I have gotten? Well, I picked my premium tier VII Challenger 1 WOLF and rolled into a hard mission on Dire Wolf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOVONGQ2VPw

No comments:

Post a Comment