Friday 27 November 2015

I came for the planes, stayed for the tanks

Just over one year ago now, I decided to give War Thunder a try, thanks in part to this promotion http://warthunder.com/en/news/2598-aircraft-present-on-war-thunder-s-birthday-en I was spending a lot of time in WarGaming's World of Warplanes and decided to check out the competition. Needless to say, I liked how the game played looked and felt.


Yes, Fred_Furious is really me, over there. At the time I created my account, the name Quesnel wasn't available, so I fell back on another old gaming name I used in the past. Plus, a new game, a fresh beginning, why not? Needless to say, I tried out a few of the Soviet and German tanks that were ingame, comparing them to my World of Tanks experience. Although very different in their delivery, it wasn't bad enough to turn me off from going further.  


Once again, another event https://warthunder.com/en/news/2749-winter-holiday-specials-part-deux-en and I earn my first premium tank. It was low ranked, but I broke into the newly released American line that was ingame. Along the way I bought into the Steel Generals with picking up a premium rank I M3A1 (USMC) Light Tank. I made some pretty good progress up the American lines with these, training crews and earning some big Golden Lion returns.


Another promotional campaign https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/236889-special-ww2-chronicles-us-tanker-heroes/ and discounts put a rank II premium 5th Canadian Armoured Division Light Tank in my game....


....followed soon after with a rank III M4A3E2 Cobra King and rounding out the purchases....


....a premium rank III T-34-57 Mod 43 Soviet Medium Tank. Funny thing, I didn't pick up anything German, until just recently....


....a rank I Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. H, part of the Fire and Maneuver package that was on sale https://warthunder.com/en/news/3395-news-war-thunder-birthday-wishes-en

So, with the recent release of the British tanks in the last (at the time of this posting) update https://warthunder.com/en/news/3404-development-war-thunder-update-1-53-firestorm-en you would have though I picked up something that was being offered up? Nope, time for me to be a little more financially responsible and despite buying all of my previous premium assets on sale, I am slowing things down, setting goals and going forward with what I currently have.

However, part of those plans do involve one or two more purchases and time for a signature change....

No comments:

Post a Comment