Friday 23 June 2017

Antique Assault


Before World of Tanks, few people had even heard of the Soviet IS-7, save for avid tank enthusiasts and/or armored vehicle historians (both professional and amateur).

Despite the fact that the real, lone surviving IS-7 is on permanent display in the Kubinka Tank Museum, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people around the world have owned and used the virtual version. To give due credit, World of Tanks has brought a lot of obscure and mostly forgotten vehicles into the spotlight of modern awareness.

When I played World of Tanks in the past, I would occasionally use my own IS-7 on the rendered battlefields, with mixed results in outcomes and rewards. However, I have long since moved on from that title, without regrets (I do miss some of the vehicles I have left behind).

When word came down last year about the IS-7 finally making it's debut in Armored Warfare, I was thrilled. Even though it is fairly low on the tier scale compared to World of Tanks (a top Heavy Tank at tier X, compared to a Main Battle Tank of tier III), a lot of the qualities I had gotten used to seemed to be transferred to Armored Warfare. 

Both versions have a main cannon that delivers a wicked punch, if it hits the intended target. Tough armor to challenge an opponent to aim for just the right spots. The list can go on....


For this battle, I am trying it out in a new role as a Desert Cruiser....

No comments:

Post a Comment