Wednesday 21 December 2016

Night of the Terminators


No sooner had I written this post I wanted to make one final purchase of the Season in Armored Warfare that would have lasting value for both me and my son.


I was mostly satisfied with both my new premium AMX vehicles and was somewhat pleased to see to another tank my son and I shared, the premium Chinese tier V WZ-1224 is slated to move up to tier VI in the next update. If these values hold true, the new tier VI version is going to be a lot of fun. Once I told my son this news, he was very pleased, since he prefers the challenges that come with playing the mid tiers, even if it's platooned with his old man in PvE.


The Terminator purchases were a sound and well thought out decision made by my son. I explained to him, to the best of my understanding, the changes to three current premium vehicles we didn't own collectively, the tier VI moving to tier VIII Terminator, the tier VII moving to tier VIII M1134 and the tier VII moving to tier IX Centaro 120 WOLF.


At first, his eyes lit up and opened very wide to the thoughts of jumping right up to tier IX with the next update, something I had feared since neither one of us was there yet through the natural progression of the game. Much to my surprise, he made the wise choice of saying no, after he looked at what it could possibly become (he checked out the tier IX B1 Draco) and the realization of the novelty factor over the fun and function it might not bring.

Also, telling him I wasn't going to by one for myself, leaving him alone with strangers, might have had a bearing on his decision.



With only being armed with missiles, he wasted no time telling me how much he was interested in the M1134 ATGM, so there wasn't much of a discussion about that choice.


Which brings me back full circle to the Terminator, whose image had been haunting me since Armored Warfare began this Winter Season of events and sales. I bought one him and me, queued up for our first battle and....

No comments:

Post a Comment